Tuesday, November 22, 2016

36 Weeks Pregnant

Did you know the average twin pregnancy lasts 35 weeks? According to the March of Dimes, more than 60% of twin births occur before 37 weeks. I am so happy to have made it this far in my pregnancy and am really hopeful that these babies stay put for at least one more week so they won't be considered pre-term. My doctor keeps telling me that the babies could come any time, so I'm trying to take it easy as much as possible to increase my chances of having full term babies. 



Babies at 36 Weeks 

I had an ultrasound at my appointment last week (probably my last one before the babies come!) and they were both measuring over 5 and a half pounds! They are gaining about a half a pound a week each at this point, so they are probably around 6 pounds now. 


Weight Gain

Last week at my appointment, I had lost a pound despite being incredibly swollen. It's unfortunate because the long drive to my doctor's office usually means I'm swollen by the time I get into see my doctor just from sitting in the car! At this point, I know the babies are growing at a good pace and that water retention is common with twins, so I'm trying not to focus so much on the number on the scale. I'm healthy and my babies are healthy; that's what matters most! 


Eating

I'm still finding that I'm hungriest around lunchtime. I try to just go with it and eat whatever sounds good to me, while trying to stay healthy. By late afternoon and evening, my heartburn is so unbearable that I really don't want to eat anything. The list of foods I have to stay away from is growing daily but currently includes red sauce, red meat, and anything spicy or rich/buttery. 


Feeling

I think I'm officially at my limit physically with this pregnancy. I am just so incredibly uncomfortable all the time. My back is killing me, making it difficult to stand, sit, even lie down comfortably. I can't even find a way to relax in the bathtub or my bed. I'm trying to stay positive because I really am so happy I made it to 36 weeks but I really just can't wait to hold my babies and not be pregnant anymore. 


Sleeping

I'm barely sleeping these days between the back pain, heartburn, and swelling that causes my feet and hands to go numb all the time. I have to roll from side to side often because I get crampy from the weight of the babies. Plus I get out of bed almost every hour. 


Something to Be Happy About

We got SO much snow over the past few days! We have over 30 inches and it's really adorable how excited Asher is to go out and play in it. He and Josh have been having so much fun shoveling, sledding, and building a snowman. The snow is now officially too high for Asher to walk around in, but he's still enjoying himself. The cold doesn't seem to bother him one bit! 






Something to Look Forward to


As long as the babies don't come in the next few days, we are planning on getting our Christmas tree on Friday! It's been a tradition every year that we have lived together in New York that we go to a certain Christmas tree farm (one where Josh went as a child) to cut down our tree. Though it is kind of early to get it right after Thanksgiving, we figure we might as well do it while we can! I am so looking forward to it and I know Asher is going to love the entire experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment